PLANETARY VAGRANT
Or how we learned to love acculturation
and hate the cloud buster...


Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

January 9th, 2006



Don't make fun, I turn a year older today...
oh well!

It was fun, we did nothing all day, it snowed a lot so it was all white and pretty, and we had a diner with my sister, brother in law and a friend of theirs, Jake.
My mom made my favorite dish, a Reunion Island rice and beans with chicken and hearts of palms thing, and we had really good wine and champagne.

So voila, we had a nice evening, my parents are cool and they don't impose the candles on the cake thing that I don't like so much, and they also avoid singing to me, which I really appreciate!!!!

Nephew:


Nephew TV-Hypnotized:


Before diner we have an "aperitif" which is when us frenchies have apetizers and wine (or other beverages). Generally french people have an aperitif before going to the table to have diner... It's just a thing, but here are some pictures of that. We were in the living room, the little devil helped open presents and everybody was just as dorky as ever in this crazy family!

Stud brother:


Family:


Personal Mommy-Chair for the nephew:


GrandPa and little guy:


Gift opening:


And since we have a baby in the house there was a..... wine spill!!!!
YEAHHHHH!


And luckily this baby has a good daddy:


Still, after such high emotions (oh what a hard life! :-) ) we had to compensate by eating a rich diner:


Chicken dish:


Shrimp dish:


Beans:


Heats of palms:


Mike's plate (he likes it all mooshed together):


My plate (I like it also all mooshed together!):


I prefer tarts than cakes, so hmmmmm:


And since I've been coughing like crazy for the past three days, to the point where I can't sleep, my dad made me some thyme tea:


It was a great evening like I love, no stupid drunken raves, no crowds, no candles to blow, no singing the usual birthday song which I consider to be very cool for kids, but I'm slightly over it at this point, and all things relaxed!
Love it!

My parents rock!

Comments
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (late)

Glad to hear that you appreciate an obviously great family. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home